viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015

The Nonviolent Palestinian Activists Working for Peace in the West Bank | VICE | United States

The Nonviolent Palestinian Activists Working for Peace in the West Bank | VICE | United States



 The Nonviolent Palestinian Activists Working for Peace in the West Bank

 It was pitch-black in the graveyard. I was struggling to keep up with my guide, a 15-year-old boy named Ahmed who had jumped into my car ten minutes earlier and proceeded to guide me to the secluded spot. He made his way easily between the olive trees along a ridge in the choppy terrain, his thin body navigating the uneven ground. Over the lip of the hill on which the graveyard sat, the lights of Hebron flickered in the valley below.

My silent guide was taking me to meet Issa Amro, his longtime mentor and the founder of Youth Against Settlements, a nonviolent movement in the heart of the West Bank city of Hebron.