jueves, 25 de febrero de 2016

To my fellow Israelis: We can stop this – Mondoweiss

To my fellow Israelis: We can stop this – Mondoweiss





To my fellow Israelis: We can stop this

 




 



An open letter to my fellow Israelis:


This is probably a culmination of nearly a decade’s
reviewed study of our history. At some point, beyond the singular
stories, cases and arguments, I feel something unequivocal and very
generally encompassing needs to be said about our Israeli “miracle”, the
manifestation of the Zionist “dream”.

I will not write this in Hebrew, although that would
probably have been the most direct idiomatic tool to reach your minds. I
will not do so, because I have had enough of dirty laundry recycled
amongst us “self-understanding” Israelis. Whilst I write to you, my
hopes of change coming from within us Israelis have regrettably declined
in the years – and thus, I am also, if not more so, placing my bets
upon the involvement of the international community – whose help we need
so badly – not for more cash, weapons, or apologetic “understanding”,
but rather for its intervention in what we are apparently unable, and
mostly unwilling, to fix. The attitude which I thus exhibit here is an
extremely unpopular one in Israeli and Jewish culture. It is the vein of
the “moser” – the one who “snitches” against the “Jewish nation”
towards the goyim.

Well, get over it. There are far more serious issues at hand.

 Palestinian medic tries to comfort a wounded boy at Shifa hospital in Gaza City, northern Gaza Strip,